A trek into high valleys of Upper Mustang
Upper Mustang is a completely different than other trekking regions of Nepal. With its stark kaleidoscope of colors and barren landscape, grand canyons, sky-caves, ancient Monasteries, sculpted gorges, Bon and Buddhist adherents are one of the most glorious trekking places in Himalaya of Nepal.
Upper Mustang, the place blessed by Guru Rinpoche, is quite gaining popularity for the touristic destination in Nepal since a few years back. Upper Mustang Trek is a classic and popular route for exploring and discovering this highland Buddhist realm. Besides, the scenic beauty, realm of Buddhist culture and Upper Mustang is home to several 6000m plus peaks. Many of them are still unnamed, virgin and still to be explored.
Upper Mustang Wilderness Trek is a complete exploration of least explored highland valleys of Upper Mustang, and it combines classic Upper Mustang trek with some hidden high and wild valleys of Upper Mustang.On these high valleys, the trails are aligned with 6000m peaks and we share the valleys for few days with, blue sheep, snow-leopard, kiyang, marmots’ in their natural habitat.
In the programme…..
- We access to Jomsom by 25 minutes flight from Pokhara, a beautiful natural city of western Nepal.
- Then following the Kaligandaki river gorges we trek to Kagbeni, Chele, Syangboche, Dakmar, and Lomanthang.
- We explore few days in Lomanthang and visit the northern territory of Lomanthang.
- Then we follow the ancient trading route of Upper Mustang Upper Dolpo and enter into the mysterious high land valley of Upper Mustang.
- Then treading along the Nekhem Khola and Snow Leopard Lake we will take another route to Lomanthang by Kekyap La.
- After rolling into the high valleys of Upper Mustang, we back to Jomsom via Mulumsumna, Sangda, Phelek, and Jomsom.
Level of participants
It might raise a question in your mind, does this trek is suitable for me? What are pre-requisites for this trek?Here are few information for above-mentioned queries.
- A good level of physical condition is most, because we trek in high alps above 5000m.
- Previously trekking experience in Himalaya above 5000m.
- A good dose of patience, tolerance, and humor is always most essential as we are trekking in wild valleys.
Do you have any queries? Please feel free to write an email to us.