Tatu Gyaekochen Trail 2020 an idea
This is a something special and new trail that is firstly explore by Paulo Grobel in autumn 2019. They started their trek along the following routes.
- visit the villages of Lower Dolpo by the Balconies of Tarakot , a new trek from villages to villages to reach Kakkot from above,
- then cross the famous pass above Kakkot to reach the valley of Tatu Khola
- go up to the Gyaekochen Pass high camp .
- And of course, climb the Gyaekochen as you pass, before reaching Dho.
And our idea is to combine the Gyaekochen valley & Schaller’s trail
- The Schaller’s Trail to Phoksundo
- Following “Old Caravan Route”
In the first part of trek after safely landing Juphal we kicks off to Dunai and then we begins from differet route to Tichurong valley, from the uphill of Locha, Karpa and Yujuri. Then village to village such as Tuppatara, Shahartara, Gumbatara, Kola village, and Tachin village.
Beyond Tachin village we decend down to Barbung Khola at Mushi Khola and following Barbung Khola to Kakot and Pimri.
Next to the Pimri village, we rolling into wilderness for 5-7 days with no settlements at all. Which is one of the most rewarding adventure journey of entire trek. After Pimri the trails ascend up hill and reach at pastures of Pimri and Kakot village. Furthermore, then ascending up to Sonam La and descend down to Tatu Khola valley.
Tatu Khola valley is an imporatant sacred place, where the holiness Tatu Urgen Tenzin has meditated and enlighten in the valley.
Next to Tatu Khola valley, the trail leads Gyaekochen high valley pass to Gyaekochen.
Then again passing all the way to Kalang La to Kalang village and Dho Tarap.
The Second part of our trek we follow “the Schaller’s trail”.